Nov 10, 2012

Ava's Big Girl Room

The time had come for Ava to graduate from her little girl room. I was excited and sad at the same time. I, of course, spent ridiculous hours on Pinterest looking for ideas. So, we shipped her off to my parents' over a long weekend and spent 4 days doing nothing but her room. We switched her room with our guest room/office since that was a bigger room. Lots of sweat, some cursing, junk food, beer and some Ativan :) and it was finished.


Love the retro camera find from Etsy

I've since added a few things to this wall
 
This is the original dresser that was in the guest room. I painted it and covered the knobs with fabric
Fairy door. I bought the supplies from a dollhouse supply store. Fun!



The hardest project was the tent. It was a bit of a last minute decision and the sucker ended up much more massive than I'd expected

 
These were last minute too. I needed to girl it up a bit. Some fabric, some paint. Voila


The bottom bunk with Ikea rope light
I purchased this banner from Etsy and cut it in half to make valances


Pug :)

Her old room, our new den, is still......empty.

0 comments:

Post a Comment